As someone who has lived in this ward all their life, I am concerned as you are about its welfare and fruition. I’m only 29, but in my short life I’ve seen a lot of change in the area and I want to make sure any future change is for the better. That’s why I’m standing as the Scottish Liberal Democrat candidate in the upcoming local council elections on Thursday 4th May 2017.
Having spoken to people in the community and taking into account my own experience, I have drawn up a small list of issues I think need addressed:
- Fighting for education (Fife Council have announced a dramatic £3 million cut to the education budget due to lack of funding from the Scottish government)
- Lower rates and funding for small-business owners (We need to encourage local enterprise to keep our communities strong and vibrant, as well as generating employment)
- Dog fouling, especially along Coastal Path (We have beautiful scenery right on our doorstep, but we shouldn’t be deprived of enjoying for want of watching where we tread)
- Greater childcare provision (many young families are struggling on single-incomes because insufficient childcare support is holding back entry in the job market).
- Further consultation on proposed new flight paths for Edinburgh Airport (I’m aware there is concern over noise pollution concerning Route-D which will fly directly over North Queensferry)
Thank you for taking the time to read this. By electing me you are choosing a candidate with a positive and vibrant vision for our community. If you wish to contact me with any queries, issues or new ideas for our ward please email me at email@example.com.